George Li AvatarPingaAus
Hi Guys,

My name is George, from Melbourne. I'm proud to lift the veil on a little project that a friend and I have been working on since 2010. The BajaBoard.

Before I describe it, check out for yourself the Generation 1 Prototype pic attached.

In short, we wanted to make a motorboard that you can actually pull tricks with. I'm not talking about a casual drift or an incidental jump off a curb. I'm talking serious air time, grinds, grabs and flips. Think Crusty Demons, think Nitro Circus.

We don't want to make an environmental statement, or take you to the grocery store. Please, no more 4 wheeled Segways. We are here for the extreme sports enthusiasts, the adrenalin junkies, the dare devils and perhaps a few nut cases. BajaBoard is designed by board riders (and professional engineers) for board riders.

Turn your local park into a motocross arena at your whim (with council approval, hopefully).

The machine you see in the photo is our Prototype Generation 1. It has not been refined or styled. From playing with this baby, we have learnt many lessons which we are implementing into a Prototype Generation 2 this and next month. It will be lighter, meaner, slightly smaller, and better integrated. Parts are in transit as I write this.

The BajaBoard's proprietary design will offer:-

- Independent suspension & steering - to land BIG jumps and for responsive handling;
- Dynamic wheel behavior - stable at speed and easy to drift;
- Heaps of low-end torque, and a top speed in the order of 50km/h;
- Optimized engineering - strong enough for stunts, and weighing in sub-15kg (and like a bad strip poker player, we're constantly taking more off).

It'll also feature a grind plate.

BajaBoard is past conceptual, but still relatively early-ish days. With this, we want to really raise Australia's global profile in off-road board sports and extreme sports in general.

If you are intrigued by what you see, we would greatly appreciate your support. Please LIKE our Facebook page (facebook.com/bajaboard), follow us on Twitter (@BajaBoard) and tell others.

And, of course, please feel free to comment or ask questions. Please appreciate that I can't go into every detail of the design as it is proprietary, but I will be as open as possible.

Attachments:

5 years ago

Please Signup or Login to post a reply.

ad
web design by tba:media - web development by Launch Interactive